Archive for category Take Your Kid to Blog Day
Posted by Bethany in Picturesque, Take Your Kid to Blog Day, The Great Game of Basketball and Other Mediocre Sports on September 22, 2006
Which really sounds funny to me. I don’t feel like a soccer mom. At all!
But in honor of Take Your Kids to Blog Day, I’m posting my kids at their first couple of soccer games.
I was pretty proud of Shiloh, considering she’s not the most athletic child I’ve ever met. She really is enjoying soccer….and trying hard. This is her first year so her tecnique needs quite a bit of work. But I’m so glad she is playing hard!
And Landon is the official goalie of his team now. He’s naturally athletic so he took to the sport quite well. It also helps that although he’s almost the youngest player he’s a head taller than most of his teammates. Comes from good stock! We are a tall bunch!
And I personally think they are rather good looking in their soccer uniforms. But, I hear I may be biased.
Check out other Take Your Kid to Blog posts at Blest With Sons.
(Written for Take Your Kid to Blog Day)
Alley the snake was walking along the path when she saw Mrs. Gipesen watering her flowers. ” Good moring!”, Alley said. Mrs Gipesen kept on tending her flowers. “Humpf! She doses that every mornig.” Alley said to herself.
“She acts like I am not even there.”
Alley started to walk toward the flowers. And as soon as she reched the flowers Mrs. Gipesen scrememed, “OH, YOU LITTLE FILTH! Ahhh!”
She grabed the ax to cut of Alley’s head but Alley was too quick. She rolled on her sied and as she did that…BLAM! The ax came down and cut off her legs! Alley was so scared she didn’t notice the pain. She rolled on her stomich and she managed to move her stomich in a way that she slivered.
So, that is why snakes don’t have legs.
(This story was written just as Shiloh wrote it with spelling mistakes and all….just wanted to clarify! I can spell better than that! )
And, even though I wasn’t tagged, I decided to participate in Jennifer’s Meme. So here are Shiloh’s responses!
1. Something I do well: is draw.
2. Something I’d like to improve on: is soccer.
3. My favorite food: is BBQ ribs (with bones still….it has a better taste!)
4. Three words that best describe me: I love animals!
5. My happiest moment: is when I got my kittens.
6. The most important thing in my life now: is my family.
7. Then to the moms: Were you surprised by any of the answers? The main thing that surprised me about Shiloh’s answers was that she only chose one thing she is good at. She rather thinks she’s good at most things and ususally doesn’t mind letting people know. Of course, she is also good at pointing out what she is not good at, so she’s generally balanced! I didn’t guess her happiest moment, but I should have. Since we got the kittens a few months ago, she has spent every spare moment with them (and many that she should have been doing something else.) She talks about them like they are her children. “Hey mom. Misty did the cutest thing the other day…..” until I’ve had to tell her I do not need a play by play recap of the kittens lives.
I didn’t get to do Landon because he is at school. He has managed to stay healthy this school year while Shiloh is missing many days due to illness. I think she has Scarlet fever right now….we will see what the doctor says this afternoon.
Please keep her in your prayers!
Check out Blest With Sons for more Take Your Kid to Blog Day posts.
My daughter loves to write stories. She’s actually a rather talented artist as well. Unfortunately, we are scannerless right now. We plan to fix that on Sunday. Shiloh made me promise to add pictures to her story then….so feel free to check back to see illustrations later!
This story is one Shiloh wrote specifically for the first Take Your Kid to Blog Day. I must say, she’s rather excited about “publishing” her work. She dreams of publishing books one day! Supposedly, she wrote this story at school today and forgot it. So this is a dictated version of the original. And the spelling is probably much better, since spelling is not exactly Shiloh’s biggest strength!
The Wolf Man
Once there was a man walking through the forest pass. His name was John Fox. As he was walking along, he saw two yellow eyes peering from the bushes.
Something jumped out! It was like a dog, but not a dog at all. It was too huge to be a dog. But that wasn’t the first thing he noticed. The first thing he noticed was a trap that was stuck on his front leg. It’s horrible teeth dug into the dog’s leg.
Then he realized it was not a dog. He knew too much about dogs to know that dog’s eyes were not yellow. It was a wolf!
He was not afraid. He walked up to the creature and clipped off the horrible trap. Then he tended to the wolf’s wound. The wolf got up as John started to walk home. The wolf followed him home.
And ever since then everyone called him The Wolf Man.
Go here for more links!